I honestly still get a little bit surprised when someone not in my immediate circle of friends comments on my blog. My first thought is ‘How did you find it?’ The next is usually ‘I wish you lived closer, I think you’re fabulous.’
When I received a message from Vicki of The Fashionable Mum letting me know that she’d
given me an easy blog topic for a day of blogger’s block nominated me for a Liebster Award (an award given by bloggers, to bloggers), it made me smile all day long! Vicki is super-sweet, wears thrifted fashion almost as much as my bestie Peta, and she can commit to a style challenge with the best of them (check out her current ReStyle Challenge outfits – they’re brilliant)!
Vicki threw ten questions at me, and they were actually a little harder to answer than I expected! Here goes…
1. What is your signature dish?
This is so embarrassing, but in the spirit of blogging honesty, I’ll tell the truth. The dish I make the most is pasta with cheese – any variation of it! Kraft Macaroni Cheese, regular spaghetti with grated tasty cheese, cheese and spinach tortellini… pasta with cheese is my forever friend.
2. If you could buy one item in multiple colours, what would it be?
3. Are you a hoarder or a thrower-outer?
4. Expensive shoes or expensive handbags?
5. Are you a cat or a dog person?
6. What makes you want to shout and swear at the TV?
7. Which male celebrity makes you go weak at the knees?
8. If you could own any one designer item, what would it be?
Do you know what? I can’t really decide. I think I’d like something I could use time and again, perhaps something that would become an heirloom. So I guess, maybe a lovely piece for Cartier or Tiffany jewellery, perhaps a necklace or bracelet.
9. Are you a morning or an evening person?
10. What’s your favourite track to drive to?
While my iPod has stacks of different genres of music, my all-time favourite driving music is some good ol’ country rock. Keith Urban’s got some great songs to belt out while driving, and so do Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley and Toby Keith. I think Carrie Underwood’s ‘Can’t Leave Love Alone’ is the best for a highway drive!
- Peta Ballerina of Trainee Mama (Of course. Mainly because I hope she’ll share more Ned photos in her answers)
- Sandra of Learning to Dance in the Rain Again
- Sarah of TOMFO
- Mandy of Make Me Up Mandy
- The lovely Lucy of Bake Play Smile
- Lisa of Random Acts of Zen
And here are the questions I’d love to ask them:
- What’s your favourite time of day?
- If you were to write the story of your life, what might be the title?
- What’s a nickname you’ve had or one that you would give yourself?
- What was your favourite book when you were a kid?
- If they made a movie of your life, which actor would you choose to play you? And which actors would play your best friend and your partner?
- What’s your fantasy job?
- Who is your favourite musician?
- Who is somebody you admire and why?
- What’s a song you’d choose for your ‘theme song’?