I honestly still get a little bit surprised when someone not in my immediate circle of friends comments on my blog. My first thought is ‘How did you find it?’ The next is usually ‘I wish you lived closer, I think you’re fabulous.’
When I received a message from Vicki of The Fashionable Mum letting me know that she’d
given me an easy blog topic for a day of blogger’s block nominated me for a Liebster Award (an award given by bloggers, to bloggers), it made me smile all day long! Vicki is super-sweet, wears thrifted fashion almost as much as my bestie Peta, and she can commit to a style challenge with the best of them (check out her current ReStyle Challenge outfits – they’re brilliant)!
Vicki threw ten questions at me, and they were actually a little harder to answer than I expected! Here goes…
1. What is your signature dish?
This is so embarrassing, but in the spirit of blogging honesty, I’ll tell the truth. The dish I make the most is pasta with cheese – any variation of it! Kraft Macaroni Cheese, regular spaghetti with grated tasty cheese, cheese and spinach tortellini… pasta with cheese is my forever friend.
2. If you could buy one item in multiple colours, what would it be?
Ooh, can I say two items? I’d love a whole rainbow of Kendra Scott necklaces and earrings, as well as a pretty little collection of all different coloured Kate Spade stud earrings. Hang on, I need to add a third: I’d love a whole collection of coloured Ray-Ban mirrored aviators!
Kendra Scott ‘Elle’ earrings – divine!
3. Are you a hoarder or a thrower-outer?
Such a hoarder, although once I have something newer and prettier (or more fashionable), I chuck the old stuff pretty quickly. So both, I guess!
4. Expensive shoes or expensive handbags?
I’ve never really had either, so I don’t know what I’m missing. I obsess more over big expensive structured tote bags though – think Michael Kors, Barrington, Kate Spade.
5. Are you a cat or a dog person?
DOG! They’re giving and loving and caring, while in my experience cats are selfish creatures. Probably doesn’t help that I’m horrendously allergic to cats, too.
6. What makes you want to shout and swear at the TV?
Most recently, interviews with Gerard Baden-Clay and the so-called ‘parents’ of baby Gammy. Regularly, Brisbane Broncos rugby league games. I get all potty-mouth, particularly when we’re playing my most hated teams – Manly, West Tigers and Canterbury. Thugs! Grubs! Criminals!
7. Which male celebrity makes you go weak at the knees?
This is a fairly fluid one and changes often. I’ll be honest, whichever celeb is rocking the best beard usually wins, and right now I’m favouring Tom Hardy, Christian Bale and Joe Manganiello. George Clooney, while so suave and smooth and pretty to look at, doesn’t actually seem like he’d be very useful and practical. Tough and bald gets points from me, so Bruce Willis is a perennial favourite.
8. If you could own any one designer item, what would it be?
Do you know what? I can’t really decide. I think I’d like something I could use time and again, perhaps something that would become an heirloom. So I guess, maybe a lovely piece for Cartier or Tiffany jewellery, perhaps a necklace or bracelet.
9. Are you a morning or an evening person?
I’m more of a morning person than an evening person, I can get up early more regularly than I can stay up late. That said, my ideal day would have me rising between 6 and 7am, napping after lunch, and staying up until 10.30ish.
10. What’s your favourite track to drive to?While my iPod has stacks of different genres of music, my all-time favourite driving music is some good ol’ country rock. Keith Urban’s got some great songs to belt out while driving, and so do Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley and Toby Keith. I think Carrie Underwood’s ‘Can’t Leave Love Alone’ is the best for a highway drive!
Righto, since I was nominated by Vicki, I need to nominate a bunch of lovely people who I read regularly:
And here are the questions I’d love to ask them:
- What’s your favourite time of day?
- If you were to write the story of your life, what might be the title?
- What’s a nickname you’ve had or one that you would give yourself?
- What was your favourite book when you were a kid?
- If they made a movie of your life, which actor would you choose to play you? And which actors would play your best friend and your partner?
- What’s your fantasy job?
- Who is your favourite musician?
- Who is somebody you admire and why?
- What’s a song you’d choose for your ‘theme song’?
Now, if I didn’t nominate you, I don’t mean anything by it, I still want to know random stuff about the lovelies who read my blog, so please… answer any of the questions in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you!
(Also, I have a nice little random gift that I’ll giveaway to someone who answers a question in the comments… it is awesome and lovely and I’d want to win it if I didn’t already own it. Mysterious, right?)